Thursday, September 22, 2005

Identity and Objectivity at the Nick

Dieter Henrich begins his long essay "Identity and Objectivity: An Inquiry into Kant's Transcendental Deduction" with this sentence:
We do not yet know how philosophical texts are to be interpreted.
Sitting in the dark at the movies the other night, I was seized by a thought of similar form but incomparable in its existential import and consequent worry, and utterly lacking the spiritualist-scientistic optimism implied by Henrich’s "yet":
I do not know how to live.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i am from Argentina, South America, and there is no spanish translation of this important essay of D. Heinrich. Fortunately, I can read english, and I was wondering if you can send me the english-version of this text to agusmagno@hotmail.com, or say where (in the web) i can get it. Thanxs!

2/02/2008 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home